Friday, October 11, 2013

Week Four: The Little Things

After a small hiatus, I am back with week 4! Just in time for Canadian Thanksgiving!

 My health of course and the health of my friends and family, of course, is always top priority. It is so easy to forget when things are going well, but really we have nothing if we don't have our health. I am thankful for my health and the health of all my friends and family that have theirs. For those who are less than 100%, I am thankful for modern medicine, for doctors and researchers who are constantly searching for the next advancement, treatment, medicine,and cure. While it would be easy to dwell on all the sad news one hears on a regular basis or the unfortunate things that happen in the lives of those I care about, I choose to take this week to give thanks for the little things.

Too often we take the little things for granted, but life is really made up mostly of the little things. As my friends know, I like to appoint myself unofficial (official) photographer when we go to events and on trips. But  why should it just be on special occasions? I think we should all be the unofficial photographers of our own lives, to capture the little things, the moments that make it all worth while.
      


Clockwise from top left, some of the little things I am thankful for include High School 
friends and birthdays, wine festivals in the gorgeous Niagara region with friends, 
my beautiful family, and smile cookies!

One last thing to think about and little thing I am thankful for is this video that my friend Laura sent me knowing how well it fit in with this blog! 


An Experiment in Gratitude- Soul Pancake


What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? What are the little things in your life?

Gratefully yours,

Jaime Ariella

1 comment:

  1. Friends who text message me to check in and make sure everything is a-ok!!! I have the best friends!

    ReplyDelete